Brushing is a regular and looks easy but most of us does not brush properly. A proper brushing technique is important.
Many of us do common tooth brushing mistakes. And brushing with braces requires even more attention for orthodontic patients and needs little more work to avoid decay, keep teeth clean and stain free.
So here SmileEvolve Dental clinic is presenting you with perfect brushing techniques for the people with braces and without braces.
Brushing techniques with braces.
Use the right toothbrush – When you have braces, be sure not to over brush your teeth.
Choose a soft-bristled toothbrush to prevent gum damage when you have braces.
Replace your brush more often, as they’ll wear the bristles down quicker.
Start brushing by targeting your gum line above your brackets, and do brushing at a 45-degree angle.
Angle your toothbrush down and scrub on top of the brackets, then reverse and do the same to the underside of your brackets.
Softly Brush each wire Move top to bottom, and all the way around upper and lower teeth.
You can use dentalfloss threader, it allow you to easily floss through wires and between brackets.
And always rinse with water prior to brushing your teeth.
Brushing techniques without braces –
- To the front tooth surface Place the brush at 45° angle. Contact both lines of tooth and gum with braces.
- Move the brush in a small circular, jiggling motion.
- Properly Clean the inside surface properly of the back teeth by moving the brush in a small back and forth motion.
- Properly Clean the inside surface of the front lower teeth by tilting the brush vertically using small up and down gentle strokes.
- Move the brush in a back and forth motion to clean the biting portion surface.
Know more about correct brushing techniques and dental care routine. Smile Evolve Dental Care in Navi Mumbai will provide most advanced dental services at the best prices.